PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Wren

Julie Brown
03-21-2010, 06:44 PM
I had a few visitors to the feeder yesterday morning. I was in the house, shooting through the window when this cute little bird turned and faced me.:)

Exposure adjustments in Lightroom, foliage filter in ColorEfex Pro, cross-hatch sketch filter and texturizer in PSE.

Julie Kenward
03-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Look at you go, Julie! This is really nice! The texture you chose really enhances the bird and the pose is wonderful (although I do miss seeing his cute little "in the air" tail.) Lovely colors the way the fade in the BG. Nice comp as well. :D

denise ippolito
03-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Julie, Nice head on look. I like the effects you applied to the image. I might take a slice off the bottom and maybe a touch more sharpening on the face. Nice image quality for shooting through the window!:) The fluffed up feathers look so cute.

Julie Brown
03-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Thanks Jules and Jackie for the comments. :)

Jules, I have a another image with the tail that I will post in ETL tomorrow.

Jackie, I went back and sharpened the face with Nik Sharpener Pro, cropped a bit from the bottom, then tried to replicate the filter in PSE-close but not quite. Which is better, original post or repost?

Surprisingly, I have gotten some pretty good images through that window. The top of the feeder is just about eye level for me-and I try to keep the window clean!

denise ippolito
03-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Julie, I think the orig. looks better.:)

Kora Baker
03-21-2010, 11:27 PM
I like the original better too, Julie! The PP gives him/her a cheeky look. And it's more 'feathery'. Good composition and background. Great capture through the window. I'd be lucky to capture a bird this good full on:D

Indranil Sircar
03-22-2010, 01:02 AM
Beautiful composition, Julie. I too like the original posting. Great texture and effect.

Julie Brown
03-22-2010, 04:54 AM
Thanks Denise, Kora, Indranil. I like the original better too!:D

Fabs Forns
03-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Another vote for original. Colors compo and texture are just right.

Harold Davis
03-22-2010, 04:33 PM
i like the original, too. gives the bird more room to breathe. the duo tone bg makes this guy stand out really nice. great job!!

Julie Brown
03-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Thanks Fabs and Harold for the additional comments.

I guess you can call this a "creative process" if you can't go back and do exactly what you did before! I kind of like that idea.:)

Kerry Perkins
03-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Hi Julie - very cute and one more vote for the original. Excellent composition and bg and I love the texture!

Julie Brown
03-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Thanks, Kerry.