PDA

View Full Version : Durian Fruit Shell 1X

Charles Wesley
03-21-2010, 04:42 PM
My daughter thought I could have fun photographing some of these fruit shells. Durians are the " king of fruits ". The shell is quite large 5-7 ", covered in thorns with a unique and pungent odor. This odor is strong and quickly filled up the house. Durians are said to have warming properties. Some say it's the healthiest of fruits. You would not want one of these shells falling from a tree to hit you. Ouch...

Please note the white sugary areas. They are proliferated fungal hypae.

Canon EOS 5D Mk11, Sigma 180 mm. f/3.5 APO HSM EX macro lens and Bogen tripod. My exposure was 25 secs. @ f/32 ISO 400 with window light. This was shot at 1X.

DPP 3.8
PS/CS4
Topaz Adjust 3.0
Focal Blade

Mike Moats
03-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Hey Charles, I think you did fine on the shot, but I don't think there is enough to the subject to really grab my attention. The black and white spots are not working for me.

Julie Kenward
03-22-2010, 08:08 PM
I agree with Mike that it's interesting to look at but it doesn't really hold my gaze long. That said, this would be an AWESOME textural image for your files to use as an overlay on another image... ;)

Charles Wesley
03-22-2010, 08:11 PM
Mike,

The pattern just isn't all that unique to make it work. Some photos do and others don't.
Thanks for your critique...