PDA

View Full Version : Burrowing-Buddies

Don Hamilton Jr.
03-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Cute little buggers! Attempting to get both in focus, and learning how too. Any tips are welcome especially where to place a focal point etc, and the mental check list one goes thru to capture two subjects slightly apart.
Canon 7D
500 mm Plus 1.4 EXII
Iso 800
Manual F14, 1/250
Elev. Metering + .33

Fabs Forns
03-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Try to have them side by side for better DOF. In front and back is a hard task. Another option, if you are good at PS, is take two images, with focus on each bird then join them into one.
Nice pair that could use more room at the bottom and a little cooler temperature.

Don Hamilton Jr.
03-21-2010, 06:15 PM
Thks Fab, I'll resubmit with some of the suggestions.
Don

Alfred Forns
03-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Hi Don Here is our suggestion Image was very warm with a strong cast, lots yellow and red so you need to neutralize by adding blue and cyan. Then just did a curves adjustment and local density correction. Good looking image, really like these little guys !!!

Lance Peters
03-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Hi Don - lots to like - love these guys hope to see them myself some day.
Al's repost look on the money to me. Good advice from Fabs!!
Techs look solid and you have taken DOF into account with F14.
Good show :)

Don Hamilton Jr.
03-22-2010, 06:30 AM
Al, thks again, in PS, can you direct me to where i can find the option to locate the cyan, and color sliders, or is this in LR, as i'd like to try and practice this technique cooling the reds and yellows.
Thks
Don

Alfred Forns
03-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Hi Don

Open Image>Adjust>Color Balance or just Command B

In the dialog box you will see the sliders. Need to identify the cast first, if you suspect red would move the red (increase) to see if it gets worse or just changes. If it gets worse then it is the one and just push toward cyan.

Just remember how they work !! Same for all others if an image is too blue can add yellow etc

For your image might have adjusted at the time of converting by lowering the temperature just a bit, sometimes is all you need !!!

Julie Brown
03-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Nice capture, Don. I would love to see birds like this someday! :)

I barely know PSE, and I'm no expert with LR, but I think you can work on this in the HSL panel by clicking on the button in the top left and then dragging up or down in the photo to adjust your colors.