PDA

View Full Version : Eye to eye

Indranil Sircar
03-21-2010, 09:47 AM
This is an image from last year which I finally had time to process! Settings were -

40D, 50-500mm @ 500mm hand held
1/1600 sec, f/8 Mode: Av Metering: Evaluative Exp comp: -1/3 ISO: 400

Your c&c will be appreciated...

Alfred Forns
03-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Hi Indranil

Nice looking bird and great timing !!! Best to catch then doing a behavior !! Like the tech settings to give you enough shutter speed for the hand holding, remember you have a lot of magnification and its easy to come up with camera shake ....800 mm with corp factor !!!

With the light conditions am guessing you had to tone down the whites around the neck area? We usually prefer a slight turn of the head but keeper in my book !!! .. the bg sure looks good !!!

arash_hazeghi
03-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Very nice Indranil, love the fish, Al mentioned everything. Still trying to get a good shot with fish, guys here keep catching tiny ones and swallow in a sec!!! need to take a big fish with me next time :D

Lance Peters
03-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Agree 100% with AL - Love the action, blues of the water look like they could uses some desaturating on my screen.
Good show :)

Indranil Sircar
03-22-2010, 01:19 AM
Al, Arash. Lance, thanks for the feedback

With the light conditions am guessing you had to tone down the whites around the neck area? We usually prefer a slight turn of the head but keeper in my book !!! .. the bg sure looks good !!!

Hi Al, yes.. i had to tone down the whites with s/h. Just felt a bit hot without it.

Very nice Indranil, love the fish, Al mentioned everything. Still trying to get a good shot with fish, guys here keep catching tiny ones and swallow in a sec!!! need to take a big fish with me next time :D

Thanks Arash. i know, I guess I was a bit lucky one morning!

Agree 100% with AL - Love the action, blues of the water look like they could uses some desaturating on my screen.
Good show :)
Thanks Lance. I will try to desaturate the blue a bit and see what I can come up with.