PDA

View Full Version : Purple Gallinule II

Harold Davis
02-25-2008, 06:43 PM
I posted this last week in the avian forum. must have not been the right place considering i got only one reply - thanks mr poor!

Here's another from Green Cay. Just curious about something. Do you use ISO AUTO when shooting in Manual Mode or do you preset it? When I got the D300, I had it on Auto, but set it not to go above ISO 800. Is this a bad habit?

D50, Sigma 50-500 at 195mm, f/7.1, 1/200s, 0EV, ISO 800.

Thank you for your comments and critiques

Alfred Forns
02-25-2008, 08:37 PM
Hi Harold Green Cay and Waco are the places for PGs As good a place as any !!!!

I like the pose and colors might back down the blue just a bit Real sharp with a fine head angle and eating to boot !!!!! Would definitely consider blurring the bg With a good image like this one is worth the effort

The auto ISO works on auto modes It will have no effect in manual I have been using it more and more The only draw back is the low side has to b over 200 which normally is not a problem The upper limit set it to what you consider acceptable With a D300 would probably go to 1250 and vary to conditions I think noise is better than blur any day !!!! Good looking image Harold !!!!

George DeCamp
02-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Hi Harold!

Nice image of this PG. I actually do like the pose myself especially how those legs and claws wrap around the reed. The colors may be a little vivid but that is just a personal choice I think. I agree with Al about that background but this is a nice habitat image!!