PDA

View Full Version : All most time

Don Lacy
03-20-2010, 12:22 PM
For the air to be filled with Dragons can't wait for the nymphs to start their transformation and start flying!!!
Here is an image from a sequence I took last year of a Four Spotted Pennant that was hunting nymphs, some of you might recognize this guy:)

40D, 500 f/4 +1.4TC, 1/200 at f/5.6, Manual, Evaluative Metered, ISO 800, RAW, Tripod, cropped

Randy Stout
03-20-2010, 01:49 PM
Don:

Lovely capture, berries, wing action and just the front legs down, add to image.
Sharp and well exposed.

I am going to pay more attention to our local dragons this year, thanks for getting my fired up!

Randy

Charissa
03-20-2010, 02:26 PM
The wing blur makes this one, without it, i would have thought this one is perched. Very nice detail, action, color and BG. Like this a lot.

Desmond Chan
03-20-2010, 04:01 PM
A clean, sharp image ! Good colors and exposure ! Personally I would crop a bit from the top and the right to reduce some empty space.

Charles Wesley
03-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Don,

Really nice image. It's clean with nice BG and loads of detail.
Thanks for sharing...

Julie Kenward
03-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Sweet! You've got me fired up for dragonflies this year as well. Love the brightly colored berries in this one. I, too, would take some off the top and right to reduce the negative space a bit. After all, when you have something this beautiful to look at, why not let him have the room! Another wonderful image, Don.

Christopher Miller
03-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Nice image, Don! I too can't wait for dragonflies. They're my favorite insects to photograph. :) Nice clean BG and good pose and details in the DF. Agree with others on cropping a bit tighter.

Ken Childs
03-21-2010, 07:35 AM
This is fantastic, Don! The colors of the dragon, poke berries and the BG are all great as is the frozen action. I agree with the others about cropping some.

All the bugs are a bit behind this year but they'll be here soon enough. I was out yesterday cutting paths through the brush so I'll be ready when they do arrive. :)

Markus Jais
03-21-2010, 03:18 PM
I like everything here, Don! Great sharpness, beautiful light and perch and a perfect BG.

Markus

Roman Kurywczak
03-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Hey Don,
Another beauty! I'm looking forward to this years batch too!

Vida van der Walt
03-24-2010, 03:12 AM
So beautiful Don! For me, the perch and colours of the berries makes this image really special. Sharp detail, and love the legs in the air pose. Ditto on removing some space from the right.:)