PDA

View Full Version : The whole Passionflower

Roman Kurywczak
02-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Taken in SF botanical gardens with the digital Rebel and the Sigma 180mm macro and the MT 24 twin lights at minus 1&1/3. F22 and 1/100th of a sec. at ISO 400.
Robert said he wanted to see the whole flower.......not as easy as the ultra close-up.
As always comments welcomed and appreciated,
Roman

Small Group Photo Tours
www.roaminwithroman.com (http://www.roaminwithroman.com)

Mike Moats
02-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Hey Roman this is nice and you did a good job on the techs, but I think I like the tight shoots better. Well done.

Roman Kurywczak
02-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Hey Roman this is nice and you did a good job on the techs, but I think I like the tight shoots better. Well done.

Hey Mike,
I like the tighter shots better too! I posted this to show people that it is good to explore a subject......... as I never only take one view of a subject in macro. Exploration of different angle and views is the key. I will also admit..........that since I've joined the forums........next time out in macro shooting............I will venture from f22 or f29 and try some wider f stops as I'm liking what I see posted...........especially in the flowers! See...........you can teach an old dog (at 43) new tricks!
Roman

Robert O'Toole
02-26-2008, 10:44 PM
I like the diag comp and seeing the full size flower with the foilage is interesting after seeing the previous closeups.

Robert