PDA

View Full Version : Love

Peter Coskun
03-19-2010, 11:33 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2778/4444180167_32651ae3bf_o.jpg

This is one of the first shots i took from my new canon 7d. I spent some time observing these two mourning doves mating and watched them groom one another. This is a fairly heavy crop around 70%.

canon eos 7d
canon 400mm f5.6L @f5.6
1/2000th of a sec
iso 400

Still trying to learn around the 7d, so if you have any tips I'd greatly appreciate any advice

Jean Chang
03-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Aawww....that's so sweet. I like the composition. It immediately draws my eyes right in to the birds' faces. The background colors look good with the tan of the doves.

Peter Coskun
03-20-2010, 12:25 AM
Aawww....that's so sweet. I like the composition. It immediately draws my eyes right in to the birds' faces. The background colors look good with the tan of the doves.

Thank you, I got a lot of good poses from the two birds. This one however seemed to be the most passionate of the group

Sidharth Kodikal
03-20-2010, 02:12 AM
Nicely done! The light seems gorgeous too.
Just wondering if you could have moved to the left to get them both parallel to the sensor.

Peter Coskun
03-20-2010, 08:20 AM
Nicely done! The light seems gorgeous too.
Just wondering if you could have moved to the left to get them both parallel to the sensor.

Thank you, I probably would have been able to move to the left. I just tried to be as steady as possible to not disturb the birds

Axel Hildebrandt
03-20-2010, 03:59 PM
The interaction and mood make this one for me. Sharpness and light look good, too. If you would have been a bit to your left it might have made it even stronger but I like it as presented. If these are local birds, maybe you will get another chance.

Peter Coskun
03-20-2010, 10:19 PM
The interaction and mood make this one for me. Sharpness and light look good, too. Having a bit to your left might have made it even stronger but I like it as presented. If these are local birds, maybe you will get another chance.

Thanks, I couldn't agree more about the mood. That's what made the image for me. This is a crop so I may be able to work with it but i do see this pair quite often in my yard and they are excellent subjects to practice my new camera on.