PDA

View Full Version : First Snow at Yellowstone Falls

Roman Kurywczak
02-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Taken in Yelowstone NP with the digital Rebel and the 28-135mm lens at 133mm. F22 for 4sec, ISO 100. I wanted to crop this at the dead tree on the right............not sure that would work.
As always, comments welcomed and appreciated,
Roman

Small Group Photo Tours
www.roaminwithroman.com (http://www.roaminwithroman.com)

Alfred Forns
02-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Might even be a stronger image with your suggested crop Would accentuated the vertical I like the selected ss for the effect My eyes flows very well over the entire image and has very good feel MIght have tried focussing about two thirds into the frame to maximize the dof As it is is almost sharp all the way to the very front !!!!

Robert Amoruso
02-26-2008, 07:24 AM
Roman,

I know that this is easier said then done, but I think here I would have preferred not to see the rim's edge on the lower left - just looking off into the precipice. I think cropping on the left could be something to try but don't get too close to the water spray from the falls. You don't want that on an edge or cut into.

I like the placement of the falls to the left and how the valley slopes from the upper left to the falls. Cropping from the right will place the falls more in the center which is one reason why I fell it is OK as is.

Good work.

Bob Ettinger
02-26-2008, 06:55 PM
A nice image and the comments above are good ones. I like the impact of the snow and have a similar image without the snow and like yours better.

Dick Ginkowski
03-07-2008, 09:59 PM
This is a very good shot and the only thing I'd suggest is crop or clone out the white in the lower left corner to make it even stronger.