PDA

View Full Version : Bull Blast

Larry Daniel
02-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Had a bull riding event here a couple of nights ago at an indoor arena. Thought it might provide some interesting action shots. I think the bulls won. None of the first six riders went anywhere close to the 8 seconds. :)

This rider might have lasted two bucks.

Alfred Forns
02-25-2008, 05:25 PM
It hurts just to look at it !!! Wonder how the sport got started Would like to shake the hand of the first that tried it !!!!!

Jason Vaclavek
02-25-2008, 07:09 PM
Right out of the chute, that Ol' boy is in a very bad position! Not only that, he is already DQ'd for touching the bull with his free hand but that really is the least of his concerns.....He is coming off the bull on the wrong side. (Yes, there is a right and wrong side to get off of on these animals. You Really really want to get off on the same side as your riding hand) Look at the expression on the guys who are watching this train wreck! They know how bad it's going to be!

And for the picture... Nice job with the lighting for an indoor event.

Alfred Forns
02-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks Jason I did not know what was going on but there was a look of concern !!!!!!!! I'll bet that hurt !!!

Larry Daniel
02-25-2008, 09:09 PM
The rider was able to release his grip before he got tossed, luckily. Thanks for comment on the lighting. Used a SB=800 on a monopod probably about 6 foot from the camera. DW was holding and rotating it in the general direction of the bulls. Worked better than I thought it would. Still got some devil eye in some of them. Darned bulls eyes are toooooo big.

:):)

Judy Lynn Malloch
02-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Thanks Jason for all the background info on this image. I know so little about this world of bull riding that I would never have guessed that there is a right or wrong side to fall off. Sure hope this rider ended up in good shape. Thanks for sharing Larry.

Jim Poor
02-26-2008, 07:47 AM
There is a bit of optical illusion going on in this photo. At first, I thought "what a fat cowboy" because I associated the head and shoulders of the guy in the BG with the rider.

I've always wondered what it would be like to cover a rodeo or barrel race. Nice one.