PDA

View Full Version : White Ibis

Bob Decker
03-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Taken yesterday on the Rachel Carson Estuarine Reserve. 40D, Bigma @ 500mm, ISO 1250, f/7.1, 1/1600, ev+ .33. RAW conversion via CS3, Sharpening and noise reduction in Photoshop.

Gail Spitler
03-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Hi Bob - What a neat image. So many things are wonderful - interaction between the birds, the HA on both of them, the water dripping from the bills, exposure looks spot on.
Really very nice.
Cheers
Gail

Alfred Forns
03-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Hi Bob As noted you did nail the exposure, got good white feather detail and most of all like the tech settings. With little dark areas you can afford to crank up the ISO with little fear. Noise appears in the shadows and you don't have much in that type image !!!

Content wise would like seeing the birds in a different position, having he bill of one running down the back of hte other doesn't work well? In this situation might have followed and tried going for one with food or both in similar poses but not that tight !!!

BTW PS wise as presented you can go in tight to the eyes and lighten some for better viewing, first thing we look at is the eyes !!!

Jeff Cashdollar
03-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Bob, nice one, I would work the eyes lighter. Neat find, love the two together and the composition looking out of frame - TFS.

Bob Decker
03-19-2010, 02:19 PM
BTW PS wise as presented you can go in tight to the eyes and lighten some for better viewing, first thing we look at is the eyes !!!

I would work the eyes lighter

Technique suggestions for only lightening the eyes? I did a touch of dodging but that always costs a bit in terms of color and saturation. Select the eyes only and use brightness/contrast... curves adjustment...something else?