PDA

View Full Version : anna's orchid

Anita Bower
03-18-2010, 05:25 PM
working with left hand only as i broke my wrist after taking this photo. healing fast.
nikon d300, 105mm macro, 2.5 sec., f51 (rrelative or effective), iso 100, tripod indoors, manual focus with live view, manual exposure. basic adjustments in ps7. slight crop.

Roman Kurywczak
03-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Hi Anita,
Get well soon!!! I like the centered presentation on this one although I may have opted for more DOF.....very brave on that slow SS! I think you composed this very well and the light is fantastic!

Markus Jais
03-19-2010, 12:28 AM
Hi Anita,
Hope your hand gets better very soon!
This is a beautiful image. I like the symmetry. Fantastic colors and light. I think the composition is perfect in this one.

Markus

Stuart Frohm
03-19-2010, 07:07 AM
Thanks for posting this beautiful image and for the information on your settings.
With best wishes for your continued speedy recovery.

Ken Childs
03-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Anita, I would have liked slightly more DOF but this is still very beautiful as is. The colors, lighting and comp are all fantastic!

Take care and get well soon!

Anita Bower
03-19-2010, 02:35 PM
i realize two reasons this lacks dof--the light was coming straight on and was bright and diffused, and, unlike jule's earlier similar image, i didn't use a narrow dof.

thanks for comments. :)

Julie Kenward
03-19-2010, 07:00 PM
I still think it's beautiful, Anita! I think this could also use just a slight CCW rotation to even out the two sides a tiny bit. Lovely colors and saturation levels - it's not overboard - just to the max!

I'm so sorry to hear you broke your wrist - that has got to be very frustrating!

Anita Bower
03-19-2010, 08:00 PM
I still think it's beautiful, Anita! I think this could also use just a slight CCW rotation to even out the two sides a tiny bit. Lovely colors and saturation levels - it's not overboard - just to the max!

I'm so sorry to hear you broke your wrist - that has got to be very frustrating!

i'l try the rotation. already had done some. :)

Desmond Chan
03-20-2010, 12:43 AM
I like the composition of this one. I'm not sure any more DOF could as I think it is the texture of the petals itself that makes it look not that sharp...well, I've run across the same kind of problem myself so I could be wrong :)

Don Lacy
03-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Really like the vibrant colors and symmetry of the comp, get well soon Anita

Charissa
03-20-2010, 02:38 PM
I like this Anita, nice colors and detail. Hope the hand gets well soon, so that we can see more of your photos.