PDA

View Full Version : Some Chincoteague Island Grass

Charles Wesley
03-18-2010, 10:07 AM
I used to spend loads of time in Chincoteague Island N.P. before moving to Florida from Va. Beach. Here's some grass growing next to the ditches where all the wading birds pose. Tried to use the nice greens for a BG. Subject seems to be growing out of the frame. Not sure about the lighting.

Fuji S1 Pro, Nikkor 105 mm. AF f/2.8 macro and Bogen tripod. Don't know the exposure. Photo taken in 2001. My first DSLR camera.

PS/CS4
Neat Image

Anita Bower
03-18-2010, 04:47 PM
the bg is beautiful and i like the angle of the grass. i think the balance between grass and bg is off. :)

Ken Childs
03-18-2010, 06:23 PM
I was holding off on commenting on this because I knew something was wrong but I couldn't quite figure out what it was. Anita hit the nail on the head! A tighter crop is all it needs.

Roman Kurywczak
03-18-2010, 06:51 PM
HI Charles,
Definitely a crop off left and perhaps proportionally off the top and sliver off bottom....I think the light and BG is right on!

Charles Wesley
03-18-2010, 07:55 PM
Anita, Ken & Roman,

I appreciate the advise and went with a cropped version. Hope it looks OK. Certainly is an improvement.
Thanks so much...

Markus Jais
03-19-2010, 12:34 AM
I agree with the comments above. Repost looks much better.
I would prefer the stem coming out from the bottom or directly from the corner.

Markus

Anita Bower
03-19-2010, 04:38 AM
much better. now the focus is on the grass. :)

Julie Kenward
03-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Nice repost, Charles! I think I would prefer the BG to be less dark in the URC but everyone else likes it as is so I'll just move on... ;)

Don Lacy
03-20-2010, 01:05 PM
HI Charles, the repost is much better but I think I would take even more off the bottom just to the point where the stem is coming out of the corner and not the side, also I would darken the LLC to match the URC