PDA

View Full Version : Feel those rays...

Steve Kaluski
03-18-2010, 08:40 AM
The Jackal parents tried to lead us away from their den, sadly it didn't work as it was these guys I was after, three young cubs. This little fellow just sat and took in the early morning rays, thinking he was hidden behind the grass, although he knew exactly what was going on.:) Cloning out the grass is not an option, LOL.

Steve
MKIII 500f/4 1/3200 f/5.6 ISO400 (manual focus, bean bag)

Alfred Forns
03-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Love it as presented Steve !!! Particularly the feel that little guy is feeling some kind of good !!!

.. Big Congrats on your award :)

Harshad Barve
03-18-2010, 11:29 AM
excellent image Steve , loved the mood here , will post same image but subject will be tiger

Still cant believe MONKEY won IOTY award for you:eek::eek::eek:, Big time congrats my dear friend
TFS

Steve Kaluski
03-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Hi Harshad, would love to do something for the reserve with this image, as this seems to be 'flavour of the year' for the image:) Appreciate your kind words.

Perhaps between the two of us we can really push BH reserve and what it has to offer?:D

Austin Thomas
03-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Great moment well captured Steve,

Many congratulations on the award. I hope you will still talk to us !!

Cheers

Austin

Steve Kaluski
03-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi Austin, many thanks, however the competition was extremely steep;)

I hope you will still talk to us !!

I thought it might be the other way round?;) BTW did you enter Bristol?

Steve

Austin Thomas
03-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Hi Steve,

Glad that you will still talk to us!!

I did enter Bristol , but I can't remember which images? I am in Munich at the moment, back in the UK tomorrow so I will let you know when I am back (via email or PM).

Cheers

Austin

Paul Taylor
03-20-2010, 02:36 AM
Well this breaks a couple of rules-of-thumb and still works..... I like it all the more for that.

Todd Frost
03-20-2010, 07:14 AM
Nice moment captured Steve. You can sense his enjoyment in this image. Very different and works well. I made one similar of a bittern, may post in avian sometime. TFS
Todd

Steve Kaluski
03-20-2010, 07:20 AM
Let me know when you do Todd. :)

Thanks everyone.;)

steve