PDA

View Full Version : Blue Tit

Krijn Trimbos
02-25-2008, 03:32 PM
This was my first serious attempt at backyard bird photography. Pretty standard stuff, I put a feeder in my garden and I put a stick in the ground close to the feeder and I taped one perch on the arches at the top of the feederinstallation. Regardless of these two sticks most of them landed on the feeder right away and I had to wait for about 3 hours in my hide untill they were at ease enough to land on top. The BG is our garden wall. I guess I could do without the shadow beneath the leaves, but I was really happy with this one already!

Hope you like it,

Canon EOS 30D 1/400 f8 Manual
ISO 250
Canon 100-400 L IS USM
Focal Length 400mm
RAW
Cropped a little of the bottom

Rosl Roessner
02-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Hi Krijn,
this is a pretty nice image, with sharp details and good exposure.
The only nit I have is, that the bird looks so small in the picture compared to the branch and the leaves.... But, of course, the blue tit is a small bird :-))

Nice image,
Rose

Arthur Morris
02-25-2008, 05:17 PM
I disagree with Rosl. I love the image design and the ivy and the little bird; the leaves are so nicely arranged. And the very careful framing; notice how none of the ivy leaves are cut off by the frame edge. The bird is perfectly positioned and posed. My only wish is that the perch was not so bright. You can do Select/Color Range Highlights and then Multiply the branch only to darken it (after reducing Opacity to taste).

later and love, artie

Jody Melanson
02-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Beautiful! I love the composition and colours. I agree with Artie about the perch and the image looks just slightly over sharpened, really noticeable on the wings.

John Cooper
02-25-2008, 11:28 PM
You did extremely well here Krijn - I love your composition, exposure and detail. Well done!!!