PDA

View Full Version : The tale of amazing luck and jet lag

Steve Bein
03-18-2010, 04:06 AM
I returned last week from Midway Atoll. It was a fantastic trip. While on the trip, I kept my pocket knife clipped to my pants pocket. It fell off while shooting and I thought it would be lost. Lo and behold, the next day someone found it and it was returned as was the lens cap which fell off my panasonic GH1 three times. I was flabbergasted that I was so lucky, but the tale does not stop here.
On the return from Midway, between landing in Honolulu about 3:30 AM and getting very little sleep before catching the red eye back to Los Angeles, we rented a car and drove around a bit on Oahu. At one of the stops, I forget which, perhaps dinner, I put the Panasonic GH1 in the console so it would not be seen or stolen since there was no room left in the trunk. At the end of the day, you get the drift, I returned the car and we went to the airport to catch the red eye to Los Angeles. With all the other luggage and jet lag building, no one thought to open all the compartments in the car.
Two days later, at home, I realized that I did not have the Panasonic, though I had the rest of the photo gear. I called and was told it was not found. I called again and was told the car was at a different rent a car agency and they would try to see what they could do. I called my insurance agent who said the claims adjuster would call back.
This morning, I got a call from the rental a car agency that they found the panasonic. They identified the camera and even the strap with attacked pocked for three memory cards. wow, that was amazing, nothing lost on the trip.
Then about 5 minutes after the rental car agency rep hung up, the claims adjuster called.
Isn't life sweet?

denise ippolito
03-18-2010, 10:23 AM
That is some story!! Great happy ending:)

Alfred Forns
03-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Luck doesn't get any better Steve !!! Love hearing that !!!

Must have been one sweet trip and in great company, hope you got lots to post form Midway. One place I hope will visit some day even if I don't take a bird picture !! .. the other would be Wake !!! ... have been to Kwajalein Atoll and it was a treat !!!