1 D Mark III
Canon 800 f 5.6
1.4 teleconverter
ISO 800
-1/3

Randy Stout
03-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Monte:

Good to see you posting. Looks like a new lens too.

Your chickadee is sharp on eye and breast. Light was obviously pretty low, and I don't think you had a lot of room to push the ISO, as I see some noise creeping into the background.

I would consider toning down the red spot at the top of the frame, and might also look at more of a vertical crop. I don't think the space to the left adds a lot to the image, because of his pose and head angle.

Cheers

Randy

Arthur Morris
03-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Hi Monte, Good to see you posting here. Is this at a feeder set-up? When you have a second, post some of those killer Katmai eagles from last spring.

Nate Chappell
03-18-2010, 12:07 AM
Neat pose, I'd run some noise reduction on the bg here and crop just a touch from the bottom to remove the oof area there.

Monte Brown
03-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Artie,

Yes, recently purchased a blind and set it up near the feeding area, should have said that in the posting. Alan Murphy's CD has lots of great ideas. Will post some of the eagles this weekend.

Monte

Arthur Morris
03-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Thanks Monte. You need to reread the section in ABP II on selecting and positioning perches for set-ups and then go on to the finer points in Alan's CD book. The perch in your image is not a good one. I do like the pose and would surely lighten the mid-tones a bit. Hope that things are going well. Midway turned out to be both astounding and outstanding! :)