PDA

View Full Version : Not the image of the week or better, but-----

Steve Bein
03-17-2010, 03:41 PM
This is a shot from the dining area on Sand Island, Midway. The color of the water and abundance of albatross in the air compliments the rainbow. I removed the overhand from the dining hall roof on the left. The color of the water is amazing. Sometimes the water reflects up to the clouds and there is a green cast, which will appear in a later post. While not the amazing image of the week, it certainly gives the feel of the area. Just add a nest every few feet, chicks all over the place, and more birds in the air than this shows and you might begin to get the feel of the place.
7D, 20-105IS@ 24

Bob Miller
03-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Hi Steve! What an amazing place.....birds everywhere, crazy water color and a rainbow! The composition is well done....like the framing. Is the water really that color? and what are the hints of yellow along the bottom edge...sand?

Steve Bein
03-18-2010, 01:37 AM
Yes, the water is that color, it is amazing, the yellow is the sand. I should post a few more. With the sun out, it rocks. This image did not have as many birds as possible, but we were in a hurry to get to the beach before the clouds covered the sun, which they did shortly. A wonderful place to go.

Dave Mills
03-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Hi Steve, Great luck getting the opportunity to shoot the rainbow. Sounds like you had an enormous amount of photo ops also. Compositionally I've been studying the image and another way of showing this would be to concentrate more as a vertical which would emphasize the rainbow more than the trees while still using them as a frame. I find the branches on the right a bit soft.
In the future it would be good to post all the shooting specs ss,f stop etc so we can further analyze what you did.
Glad you had a great trip!

Roman Kurywczak
03-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Hey Steve,
Does look like an amazing place! Agree with Dave's assesment.....but still worth the effort as it shows the rest of us a place most haven't been to!

Bob Miller
03-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Hi Steve...agree with dave about cropping some from the left...to me it makes the picture stronger

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
03-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Cool Place!!!!