PDA

View Full Version : Lost

Kora Baker
03-17-2010, 02:51 AM
After munching nearly everything in the garden this snail found its way to the BBQ table.
Used a dash of Fotosketcher color sketch and a dab of Fractalius to give the image a bit more definition.

Paul Lagasi
03-17-2010, 05:25 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen...we have a winner, really well done...colors, sharpness, they way the ears??? stick up...Thanks for sharing

denise ippolito
03-17-2010, 06:52 AM
Very nice capture Kora. I really love the black BG and the color of the glass just stands out nicely against it. I couldn't help myself. I wanted to see how it would look w/ the "heavy" side of the image at the bottom. Sometimes when you have a great image it can stand up to diiferent comps. Very nice sharpness and way to think OOTB!!!:) I LOVE IT!!!

Mark Fuge
03-17-2010, 09:41 AM
Nice image and application, Kora.

Nice colors of the glass and the BG ... as well as the snail! ;)

Kora Baker
03-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Much appreciate your looking and commenting Paul, denise, and Mark.

Certainly is a different view denise, and one I hadn't thought of.:) It would need a bit more cropped off the bottom though otherwise it looks as if it's suspended in air. And I'm not sure whether it's taking my eye in the right direction. It's a great help to have alternative suggestions. Many thanks:) Kora

Christopher Miller
03-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Lovely image, Kora. Has a very striking look with the bright colors against the black BG. Both your OP and Denise's repost look nice. I think I prefer your OP, but only by a tiny bit. :)

denise ippolito
03-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Kora, :):):)

WIlliam Maroldo
03-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Kora: very well done. The upside down image has a shadow problem(being at the top), so I'd go for your post. Actually I'd like to what it would like if the bottom wasn't clipped. Good detail and concept! Regards~Bill

Kerry Perkins
03-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Sweet image Kora! Excellent thinking and execution. Composition, color, detail - all going on!!

Kora Baker
03-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Many thanks Christopher, Bill and Kerry. All comments and crits are really appreciated:)

Jackie Schuknecht
03-18-2010, 07:11 PM
This is cool Kora, I might crop tighter vertically because it is a vertical image:) Great subject lots of time to focus:)

Julie Kenward
03-18-2010, 07:13 PM
I like it both ways but might prefer Denise's version just a touch over the original. The glass totally sets this image apart - and the black BG is perfect to counterbalance it. What a strong graphic image this is!

Kora Baker
03-18-2010, 07:29 PM
This is cool Kora, I might crop tighter vertically because it is a vertical image:) Great subject lots of time to focus:)
:D:D:D The old to crop or not to crop conundrum! Really appreciate your comments. Kora

Kora Baker
03-18-2010, 07:33 PM
I like it both ways but might prefer Denise's version just a touch over the original. The glass totally sets this image apart - and the black BG is perfect to counterbalance it. What a strong graphic image this is!
I do like denise's version as an alternative, but in my mind's eye the journey up fitted the theme of 'lost' better. Otherwise the snail could retrace its steps and therefore would no longer be lost:D Thanks so much Julie for your comments, they're always so insightful and most helpful.

Paul Lagasi
03-20-2010, 05:15 PM
I don't usually rework images but with this one, I had an idea, was going to send it to you Kora but no way to send it internally via BPN...I like to call it "balancing act"..so I decided to post it.

Kora Baker
03-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Ha ha ah ha ha! Great idea. I really like your rework Paul, so creative. And the seamless join is very clever. Thanks so much for taking the time and the trouble to share your vision.:):):) Kora