PDA

View Full Version : Pismo Beach sunset

Doug Oglesby
01-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Hello everyone. Here's one at Pismo Beach, California, at sunset a few nights ago. Canon 5D, 24-105 with 3 stop ND and 2 stop Grad ND at ISO 50; 6s at f/16. In Photoshop I used the multiply blend mode to darken just the sky some (with reduced opacity).

Cheers,
Doug

D. Robert Franz
01-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Well done image.. Strong FG elements love light and just enough sky.. One small nit is the dark rocks in the lower right of the frame. I might of tried to include the entire rock.

Ted Scalzo
01-03-2008, 05:24 AM
What a beautiful scene. This is nicely composed and your colors are rich.
I would have like the lower portion of the photo a little lighter.

Robert Amoruso
01-03-2008, 06:32 AM
Great colors and the right shutter speed combine here to produce an image that grabs you eye. The nit about the dark right side mentioned. I don't think not including the whole right side rock is a problem. It is large and since Doug makes the decision to "cut" it and not "clip" it or let it touch the edge, it works for me.

Welcome to BPN.

Doug Oglesby
01-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Thanks all for the feedback. I appreciate all comments, nits and all :-). This is the way to improve.

I will try and see if I can lighten the right side in post. I took bracketed exposures and may have one with a lighter right side.

Thanks again.

Hillebrand Breuker
01-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Great colors and strong composition. I oike the `movement`of the water a lot. Maybe you could tone down the light reds in the sky a bit and make the overall image a bit brighter

Doug Oglesby
01-05-2008, 01:51 AM
I like everthing about this one. The colors is what really makes this image. Very nice water effect as well.[/quote]

Thanks . Appreciate the positive feedback.

Doug Oglesby
01-05-2008, 01:52 AM
Great colors and strong composition. I oike the `movement`of the water a lot. Maybe you could tone down the light reds in the sky a bit and make the overall image a bit brighter

Thank you for the feedback. Interesting comment about the saturation. I'll consider that as well as the overall brightness. Again, thanks.