PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 and CS4 problem solved

Ken Lassman
03-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Thanks everyone for sharing....my computer is back and corrected. The problem was uploading the Windows 7 upgrade for Vista with CS4 already in....so everything was taken out and re-fromatted and then CS4 put back in last. Hopefully this will alert others and prevent problems.

Thanks, Ken Lassman

Alfred Forns
03-16-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks Ken !!!

I'm glad on the Mac side we don't have all these problems !!! Most updates are smooth and uneventful !!

Jay Gould
03-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Ken, this is the first I have heard that you might have to uninstall CS4 before doing a W7 upgrade. Is that your suggestion?

Ken Lassman
03-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi Jay,
My laptop had Vista and I bought the Windows 7 " upgrade" for Vista. Once that was installed I was not able to download any pictures from my camera/memory card. An error window kept coming up saying I had low disk space...which was ridiculous. Long story short....Microsoft said it was an Adobe problem and vice versa. Went through 3 Microsoft techs and they did a backdoor temporary fix.....I was not happy. My computer tech took my laptop...reformatted and reinstalled everything with CS4 going in last. He thinks the problem was that the Windows 7 upgrade for Vista is just an upgrade to Vista....not the same as installing Win 7 from scratch...so I now only operate with Windows 7 and CS4 is fine...as a matter of fact....operating even better. Hope this helps those that are not MAC users.
Ken

Gus Hallgren
03-17-2010, 02:02 PM
hi

i installed windows 7 ultimate 64 bit as a upgrade to vista. have both 32 & 64 bit CS4 both work great with most plug ins being installed to 32 bit CS4.

Also installed XP pro Mode on my computer which also seperately as a OS. Works great, but with Win7 working so good I hardly ever use XP Mode.

Took awhile to get used to Win7, but now that I;m getting bused to it, Win7 blows me away

Best regards

Uncle Gus

Elsa Weber
03-22-2010, 08:51 PM
I have also upgraded from Vista To Win 7. I did have some minor problems with my CS4, like triple cursers and some of the menus could not be accessed. I went to Adobe's forums and asked for help and got it within an hour. For my problems all I had to do is change one setting. But the forums are actually better than any technical support I have ever used. The people in them helped me with several problems over the years. Try them next time. Glad you are up and running - Win 7 is much better than Vista. It is worth the pain.

Elsa