PDA

View Full Version : Clover... Spot Lighting

Charles Wesley
03-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Here's another one from my chrome collection. Not sure I like the spot lighting at the top. This is a small plant found in the Blue Ridge Parkway area of Virginia. Wish I knew the ID. Could not get the best lighting on this one. I was deep in the forest. I've got some ground area in the LL area. Not much I can do with it.

Nikon N90s camera, Nikkor 105 mm. AF macro and Bogen tripod. Kodachrome 64 ISO film. Photo was taken in 1994. Scanned with my Epson 4990 scanner.

PS/CS4
Neat Image
Focal Blade

Mike Moats
03-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Hey Charlie, nice details, I would like to see a bit more clearance between the leaf and the edge of the frame on the right. I would darken down the glow on the right side of the flower head. Like the colors and details.

Ken Childs
03-16-2010, 06:13 AM
Charlie, Mike covered pretty much exactly what I was going to say. :)

Roman Kurywczak
03-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Hey Charles,
It's rare....but I'll disagree with Mike on this one.....while I do agree with the RH side leaf, I like the spotlit effect....even the brighter area...... as for me it gives some added depth. As usual....I would tighten it up with a crop.....but that is a personal choice......overall, very nicely done!

Julie Kenward
03-16-2010, 08:04 PM
I'm with Mike on the side and Roman on the top - although I bet in print you might want to bring down the intensity of the spot lighting a bit so it doesn't appear blown on paper. It's a beauty, though...so clean and details are sharp as a tack. ;)

Stuart Frohm
03-17-2010, 05:34 AM
This is a beautiful image! I agree with Mike, but I find the background glow more troublesome than the tight fit on the right of the frame.

Anita Bower
03-18-2010, 01:26 PM
lovely little flower. i think i agree with jules.