PDA

View Full Version : White-winged Crosbill

Mike Milicia
01-02-2008, 11:27 PM
EOS-1D Mk III, 500mm f/4L + 1.4xII, 1/500, f/5.6, ISO 400
Fill flash at -3 with Better Beamer
About 65% of Full Frame (cropped from top and right)
Removed some OOF branches from the background above the main branch.

Photographed in late September '07 in Jasper National Park.

Looking forward to your comments and critiques !

Axel Hildebrandt
01-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Welcome, Mike. Good to see you here. I like the pose, BG and exposure control. The perch is not the most attractive and for some reason I find the OOF branch at the lower left side a bit distracting. BTW, this is one of the few winter finch species I haven't seen around here this winter. I look forward to your posts.

Fabs Forns
01-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Big welcome, Mike!

While you have the digital chainsaw in your hands, loose the OOF branch on the left, go the extra mile :D

Red on green always looks good and this is no exception. Nice and sharp, a keeper for sure!

BTW, love your avatar!

Ákos Lumnitzer
01-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Beautiful is all I can say. The little branches are somewhat distracting. I would remove most of them (except the perch of course :D ) but at least the little one behind the wing tip. I love the bill on this crossbill.

Cindy Mead
01-02-2008, 11:41 PM
no nits from me, a great pose on this splendid male.. I have only viewed them with snowcover, so the clean green bg is a real treat.. well done Mike :)

Blake Shadle
01-03-2008, 12:14 AM
Welcome, Mike! It's great to have you here! I love the background that you captured, compliments your subject very well. Distractions already mentioned :)