PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Crow’s Nest?

Mark Fuge
03-15-2010, 10:05 AM
This image was taken yesterday on board the Bounty, reproduction of the HMS Bounty, which was used in the last two movies “Mutiny on the Bounty” with Marlon Brando and Mel Gibson, each in the title role. It was on display in Riviera Beach, Florida before heading up the Intercoastal and into the Great Lakes for the Tall Ships Regatta. Awesome day and a lot of interesting close up images of the rigging and gear. Just doing this I crossed many variations in B&W and other formats that I will be trying for future creations. Tall ships are great subjects for graphic images. Hope you get the chance to try one someday!

I included the crow, to comply with the BPN theme. Another image of the ship is visible in the Friends and Family board.

Modifications in PS4 included; Poster Edge, Find Edges, Vibrance & Saturation, Hue & Saturation, Variations and Brightness & Contrast adjustment.

Enjoy!

Julie Kenward
03-15-2010, 08:08 PM
What a different image, Mark! I love the technique and colors in this. I think I'd like the bird a bit better if he was either more defined or not running together with that one post. Really like the angle that you shot this at and very nice diagonal comp.

denise ippolito
03-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Mark, Very interesting image. It looks like a colored pencil sketch. I like the graphic look to it. I think that Jules brings up a good point regarding the bird. Should be an easy fix for you if you choose to do it. Thanks for sharing. I really get a sense of the ship from this image.

Mark Fuge
03-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks Jules and Denise for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

This was a quick shot, as the one I wanted was just before this, when he had his bill open (talking). But he was gone as soon as the shutter closed on this image. No time to line up the perfect shot. It was the only "BPN" certified shot, so I felt I'd post it for your entertainment. :D