PDA

View Full Version : European Starling Sky High

Gus Hallgren
03-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Hi Folks

I know you folks don't like looking up, Gail says "Too Dangerous" :eek: But what's a guy going to do if these birds won't come down from our Arizona Ash . . Be covered by leaves in a few weeks and won't see any of them then.

Had three other new birds put their head in the door with a quick, "Hello" - White-winged Dove back from wintering in Mexico. Gambel Quail back to re-populate, and the Yellow-rumped Warbler, as skitish as usual.

Light was great at just under an hour rising over 9550' Mt. Wrightson, we are at 3000' . Alsa, not one hummingbird in 2 days :(

CC's warmly invited.

Few branches removed from BG

Uncle Gus

Olympus E-620 IS (Turned on :)) Zuiko 70-300 @ 540 equiv HH
Aperture Priority: F/5.6. 1/2000s, ISO 400, 0.00 eV, Auto WB

Jeff Cashdollar
03-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Gus, good to see you posting a lot. Love the YR Warblers, maybe you can get one for us. Thanks for sharing, pretty steep angle and maybe a tad soft (motion blur).

ps - the Hummers are coming!!

Lance Peters
03-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Hi Gus - agree with Jeff - tad steep for my own personal tastes.
Couple of clone marks in the sky lower RHS???
KEEP EM COMING :)

Harold Davis
03-15-2010, 04:04 PM
hey UG, agree with the boys on this one. i do like the starlings colors. pretty neat!

thanks for the angels vid......awesome piece!!!!!

Alfred Forns
03-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi Gus Can add when you have that clear sky bg might as well stop down some more for dof !!! Neat bird !!!

Gus Hallgren
03-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Hi Folks

Thank you very much for all your kind critiques. Slowly but surely I trying to absorb all your good tips and just need to put them in action. The slow old 86 year young codger wishes he had Gina's young 74 going on 18 energy, Going to need it with all the new birds coming every week. The ratio right now is about 3 to 1 coming & going. When the hummingbirds come back they will revitalize me. Don't get many at our 3000' level, however, the 5000' level will soon be busy with them in just about every variety.

Appreciate all your help

Uncle Gus

BTW: Hope you'll be up to the challenge I'm going to post when we get home from the gym in about 2 hours. ;)