03-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Av mode
.5"
F16
ISO: 100
LR & CS3

I was moving some bricks this morning and found a bunch of small clusters of Asian Ladybugs so I grabbed the camera and started snapping away. Because of the variation in colors and patterns of this species, there were some pretty cool mixes to be seen.

When I first looked at this shot, all I could think of was a car wreck in the fog with a bunch of VW Beetles. :)

Randy Stout
03-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Ken:

I can certainly see where the title came from. My daughter always calls the "Beetle" a ladybug, so it struck a note with me.

I do like the variety of angles, colors and orientations.

If time would have allowed, it might have been fun to have a diffuser towards the sunny side to even out the bright reflections, or perhaps a polarizer. Not necessarily a better picture, but would have been a bit different look.

Cheers. Well seen and captured.

Randy

Allen Sparks
03-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Ken, excellent clarity, focus, and DOF. I like the different patterns and water drops. Really neat image. Makes me ready for bug season.

Michael Lloyd
03-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Awesome! I love the title.

Julie Kenward
03-14-2010, 08:58 PM
You totally cracked me up with this one. :D Agree that the diffuser idea would have been nice but it is still one funny image. The pano crop is perfect for this - keeps the eye right where it needs to be.

Vida van der Walt
03-15-2010, 02:49 AM
:D Great title and such a fun image Ken. Ditto on pano crop and water drops. It is interesting how these ladybirds have become such a big problem for agriculture.

Adrian David
03-18-2010, 04:38 AM
Very nice capture! I like the pano crop the mixed patterns on the ladybugs.