PDA

View Full Version : Clouds at Anhinga Trail

Julie Brown
03-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Canon 40D, Sigma 10-20 EX, 12mm, ISO 320, f16 @1/100sec, 0 EV, pattern metering, manual, tripod, polarizer?

PP: Lightroom 2.6
cropped about 50% from the bottom
set black and white points
enhanced clarity and vibrance
tone curve: medium contrast
GND to darken and saturate sky

Nik plug-ins: Dfine, Viveza, Sharpener Pro

resized for the web in PSE

shot this last March-C&C appreciated!:)

Bob Miller
03-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Hi Julie....nice image! I'm not sure but you might back off on the saturation in the sky a bit. Nicely done!

Dave Mills
03-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Hi Julie, Nice composition! The two bushes act as a leading line(and foreground)bringing you to the pier.The sky is well handled with alot of interest. A polarizer might have helped to eliminate glare in the water.The image looks pretty sharp but your always taking a chance handholding at 1/100 of a second.
I would have asked for more dramatic light. Either taken early or late in the day.

Julie Brown
03-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Thanks Bob and Dave for the comments.

Dave, I chose to crop it like this for the exact reason you mentioned. Nice to know that it worked out! The lens I used does not have IS, and I never HH it, so I know that I did use a tripod for this shot. I'm pretty sure I used a circular polarizer as well (probably didn't pay enough attention to the glare). Unfortunately this image wasn't shot in the best light because I visited this place with family. :)

Roman Kurywczak
03-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Hi Julie,
I know the area well so the pano was a nice choice! You may want to some selective dodging or burning.......to get some more seperation of the mangroves from the BG ones....just to get more depth. As Dave mentioned a bit better light would take this up yet another notch!

Julie Brown
03-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Thanks Roman. I will go back and make the suggested tweaks to the image. As for the light-I hope to be able to go back (maybe in a workshop) and rework the scene. :)