PDA

View Full Version : A different perspective....

Jerry van Dijk
03-13-2010, 03:43 PM
...on a Crane flower (Strelitzia reginae). Usually, these wonderful flowers are shot sideways. I thought I'd try a different approach, since I was struck at the sight of the wonderful color combination of the blue and orange from up front and decided to have a go at it. It might have been looking more interesting if it had a big bug on it somewhere....:D. Shot in the garden of a holiday home in Aznalcazar, near Seville, Spain.

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, handheld, 23 mm (138 mm eq.) w. Suntec 4+ closeup lens, ISO-100, F/5, 1/320 sec, EC 0, pattern metering, aperture priority, JPEG.
PP in Corel Photopaint. Minor tweaks on levels and sharpness. Slightly cropped for composition. NR with NeatImage.

Mike Moats
03-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Hey Jerry, I do like the color combination, and don't mind the division in the colors. Good sharp forground subject.

Julie Kenward
03-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Very nice comp! Might take a little off the top so it is more 1/3 blue and 2/3 orange but that's me being a balance freak! I'm going to have to remember this when I finally get out to our botanical gardens!

Allen Sparks
03-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Hi Jerry, I like the colors here and that it is something a little unusual. nice image.

Vida van der Walt
03-15-2010, 01:58 AM
I like this Jerry. An unusual take of this flower and the colours are so vibrant. Like Jules, I would also maybe remove a tiny bit from the top.:)