PDA

View Full Version : Pig-tailed Macaque

Nancy Bell
03-12-2010, 05:05 PM
I photographed this Pig-tailed Macaque in Thailand while I was looking for birds. Once I saw the huge canines these large macaques have I realized not all "monkeys" are cute and cuddly! Canon 20D, Canon 300 f4 L IS lens, 1/800, f4, exposure compensation -1/3, ISO 400
All comments, critiques and instruction welcome.

Alfred Forns
03-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Hi Nancy Long Canines they do have :) ... and know how to use them !!!

Would crop from the right, just right of the ear leaving a little room Love the expression .. eyes and mouth are priceless !!! Nailed the exposure and its tack sharp !!! I like it a lot !!!

Steve Kaluski
03-13-2010, 03:26 AM
Good comp, with the eyes enhancing having the expression. Not sure what the 'blobs' are around the chin & mouth?

Steve

Paul Taylor
03-13-2010, 04:03 AM
Great expression - always looking for an opportunity, these guys. Cute and cuddly as baboons! White blobs are a pity, but guess it is leaves in the foreground, which goes with the territory in South East Asia - so difficult to spot everything and often windy too. Where was it taken?

Austin Thomas
03-13-2010, 09:33 AM
I like the eye contact and facial expression.

The white areas are a pity as the detail in the rest opf the fur is good.

Well see Nancy.

tfs

Austin

Nancy Bell
03-13-2010, 11:54 AM
I wondered what those "blobs" were also. I was wandering in the bush looking for birds with my binoculars and was surprised to see this huge macaque and just fired away with the camera while backing away! Alfred, do you mean add more space to the right or crop closer to the macaque?

Nate Chappell
03-13-2010, 02:11 PM
These guys are great, I always photograph them when I go to Khao Yai. I agree with Alfred in taking a little more off the right and cropping closer to the macaque. A really nice portrait Nancy.:cool:

Todd Frost
03-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Well done. Love the pose and the intent stare. Details and exposure look great. I like the idea of taking a bit off the rhs. TFS
Todd