PDA

View Full Version : Ruddy on the Rocks III

Harold Davis
03-12-2010, 02:05 PM
totally changed my post processing. went back to CNX2 and all seems a little more solid and consistent than in some of the recent stuff i have done. tell me what you think!

D300, 300mm at f/10, 1/1000s, ISO 640, manual exp., flash set manual at 1/1

thanks for looking. comments and critiques much appreciated.

Alfred Forns
03-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Processing is solid Harold !!! Best to use what your comfortable and gives best results !!!

I loved Capture NX when I was with Nikon but could not worked into a reasonable workflow !!!

.... I like the way you stopped down since the bg was not a factor at that low angle !!!

Gus Hallgren
03-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Hi Harold

You nailed it young man . . .

Georgous!!

Keep smiling

Uncle Gus

Gail Spitler
03-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Hi Harold - very clean looking image, nicely balanced in terms of processing. Turnstone looks great. I wish the oof rock wasn't there, and that the missing foot was.
Cheers
Gail

Lance Peters
03-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Mr H - AS clunky and slow as CNX2 is - I have yet to find anything else that does as good a job - Particularly like the way it reads the in-camera settings, which no 3rd party software can.
I dont use anything else.
Like the tech settings - manual flash @ 1/1.
Good show :)

Oscar Zangroniz
03-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Simply put one of your best.;)

Don Hamilton Jr.
03-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Harold,Awesome!, hey i'd like to learn more about flash in the manual mode, i see it used quite frequently.
Is there a Reference article somewhere?
Don

Alfred Forns
03-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Hi Don

Read the effective flash range for you flash, if the birds distance is just beyond or there go to one to one. Will give you the most output from the unit. Only danger is any bird closer will be toast !! Same can be use for flight if you need the range !!!

... btw with flash always shoot two or three shots rapidly, second won't be fully charged and will give you an idea of the intensity .. good feedback !!

Can use for closer settings by lowering the output but its best to leave it the the auto mode !!!

Jackie Schuknecht
03-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Very nice Harold. Lovely in every respect, just wonder about a more off center crop?

Mark Young
03-14-2010, 09:16 PM
The best out of the 3 Ruddies you've posted so far! Love the low angle, exposure and detail!