PDA

View Full Version : Juvenile crab spider

Charissa
03-12-2010, 01:49 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2r6cdux.jpg
Canon 50D, MPE 65mm lens. F16,ss 250, ISO 400, spot metering.
I think the ID on this is correct. Very small spider, about 4mm from feet to feet. The purple petal on which it was, makes the shot a bit off, in some way, it seems as if the spider was placed on top of it, and not part of it. Don,t know how to explain correctly. Sure u guys and gals will be able to id the problem, and help me to correct it.:)

Nick Palmieri
03-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Nice closeup of a very small spider. Seems like the lighting is strong on the right side which may be a little distracting. I kind of see what you are describing about the spider not in contact with the petal but not sure that it affects the image much, sort of looks like he is mid-step.

Richard Waas
03-13-2010, 07:38 AM
Charissa, the sidelight does not bother me. I see what you mean by the floating spider. Not sure why this is happening. Great color and the focus on the head is right on. TFS, congrats!!

Julie Kenward
03-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Another beautiful image, Charissa. I really like the soft gold color of the spider against that purple - great color combination! I, too, see the "floating" look you are talking about but don't know that I would have noticed if you had not mentioned it so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Like the side lighting - wish that one raised foot were a bit more in focus as it really gets lost but everything else is super. Nice work!

Jerry van Dijk
03-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Hi Charissa, another nice crab spider! I like the composition on this one, with the front leg pointing in the corner of the frame. Don't mind the floating look. I do feel that this image is slightly underexposed, just like your last crabspider image, you might have a look at that when you're shooting these magnificent creatures next time.

Mike Moats
03-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Hey Charissa, the sharp details on the eyes really draws you there. Great contrast in the Spider and the Purple. Congrats

Allen Sparks
03-14-2010, 08:34 AM
Hi Charissa, I really like the color contrast in the spider versus the flower and the background. Focus is where it should be. nice catch and image.

Charissa
03-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Thanks everyone, appreciate kind comments.

Vida van der Walt
03-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Beautiful image Charissa. Love the yellow and purple combination and a great comp. I could be wrong but I think this species is Thomisidae ansiea tuckeri.:)

Charissa
03-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Thanks Vida, for comment and ID. I have no idea about the spiders, still need to buy a book.