PDA

View Full Version : Running at Sunrise

Ken Lassman
03-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Wakodahatchee Wetlands at Sunrise
Delray Beach, FL

This Snowy Egret was having a feeding frenzy at sunrise and kept making repeated passes. I was able to experiment with several settings from F/5 to F/11 to try and control the white and get a better contrast. I tried combinations from 1/1000 to 1/2000 also. This one looked the best to my eye...probably because of the water color that enhanced the reflection. Comments and suggestions appreciated

Nikon D300
Nikon 300/2.8
ISO 400
F/8 @ 1/1250

Alfred Forns
03-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Fine looking image Ken !! Reflection makes it special.... and would try one without it !!

Good wing position, made as sharp image and well exposed. If you had more room around the bird would be nice, also capturing the bird in the all blue water !! I know at Wako you don't have much choice with placement but the sun at your back would have made a difference !!

Tech wise I like the settings and might have traded a stop of dof for more shutter speed. You witness a magical behavior !!!

William Malacarne
03-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Ken

Very nice photo....good sharpness and colors. I would like a little more room at the bottom. Also a rotation CW, if you draw a line between the tips of the beaks it should be vertical.

Bill

Lance Peters
03-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Hi Ken - good advice above - can also try just shooting the reflection.
Looking forward to seeing more :)

Peter Farrell
03-12-2010, 07:47 AM
Very nice, Ken. I like the wing position, colors, reflection and circles in the water.
No negatives from me on this one.

Bob Miller
03-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi ken...very nice image as is ....I too would like to suggest keeping the sun at your back when possible. The reflection and circles make them image stand out!

Jeff Cashdollar
03-12-2010, 06:44 PM
NIce one, looks a tad soft would consider wider aperture - TFS.