PDA

View Full Version : High Key Laysan Albatross

Arthur Morris
03-11-2010, 12:00 PM
I created this by intentionally over-exposing the image during ACR conversion. The original had a white sand BKGR and I had the thought (in my head) to go way-high key while I was in the field. I first saw this technique used with a great cheetah head portrait by my friend Todd Gustafson.

Dan Brown
03-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Love it Artie! Sure looks like an illustration! I'd like to see more life in the eye, but I'm viewing on my laptop so maybe the life is there!

Arthur Morris
03-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Love it Artie! Sure looks like an illustration! I'd like to see more life in the eye, but I'm viewing on my laptop so maybe the life is there!

Agree on the eye. My flash died but now I have another :) Their eyes are black and the deep eye sockets suck up the light big time. Thanks BTW :)

denise ippolito
03-11-2010, 12:54 PM
I created this by intentionally over-exposing the image during ACR conversion. The original had a white sand BKGR and I had the thought (in my head) to go way-high key while I was in the field. I first saw this technique used with a great cheetah head portrait by my friend Todd Gustafson.

Hey, I've heard that line before:)
Beautiful high key effect. I did try to do some of these in the field w/ the Spoonbills in flight and I didn't quite get them right.
I do love the way this looks on the portrait.

Kora Baker
03-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Amazing to capture execute this technique in camera, and so beautifully. I'm gobsmacked, Arthur! Kora

Myer Bornstein
03-11-2010, 04:26 PM
wonderful neat concept

Christopher Miller
03-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Beautiful high-key effect, Artie. Love the colors and HA. :)

Paul Lagasi
03-12-2010, 01:39 AM
OOTB for sure...love it, colors, sharpness, composition

Arthur Morris
03-13-2010, 12:57 AM
Amazing to capture execute this technique in camera, and so beautifully. I'm gobsmacked, Arthur! Kora

Hi Kora, As it says in the original post, I thought about this look in the field but did create it during the ACR conversion. I have since tried to do it in the field but it has turned out to be much more difficult than doing it during conversion. :)

Kerry Perkins
03-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Darkness, light, color, and texture. All come together for a striking high-key image! Really like it a lot!

Arthur Morris
09-01-2010, 05:42 PM
You must have lots of time on your hands! :)