PDA

View Full Version : Early Morning Vulcher Silhouette

Scott Moore
02-24-2008, 08:07 PM
I played with this in PS and added an edge-vignette effect to provide a soft light in the center to highlight the bird a bit. I look forward to your feedback. Thanks for looking, Scott

1DM3
400mm
1.4 TC
f/4.0
1/1600
ISO 200
+1 EV
Color Temp 9,080

George DeCamp
02-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Hey Scott,

I like it! That is a famous tree around here,, see my image...we must have been thinking very similar thoughts.

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5365

I think I would crop out that little branch in the lower left hand corner.

Good job. ;)

Scott Moore
02-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Thanks George! The vulchers must like to start their day on that branch. Good catch. Sometimes I get tunnel vision and miss things like that branch. I've made the change and like it.

Scott

Robert Amoruso
02-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Scott,

I like the idea of the vignetting. I was just reading an article about highlighting and darkening parts f an image to lead the viewers eyes around it. So nice to see that in action. I would clone out the small branch lower left and leaves lower right.

Fabs Forns
02-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Hey Scott, that's the most popular perch in ENP :)

Well done, I usually use color filters when processing mine to add interest. Of course the black thingie on the left has to go, and I'd like the bird a bit higher in the frame for a stronger compo.

Say hello if we meet out there, please. Long blond pony tail and black lens here :)

Gus Cobos
04-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Very nicely done Scott,
Love the marmalade sky. and the composition. I would clone out the branch to the left of the frame and the leaf on the lower right..:D