1D MIV
500mm f/4
1/800 at f/5.6
ISO 400
beanbag

Thanks for looking

arash_hazeghi
03-11-2010, 03:58 AM
like the pose and frost on the perch, BG is nice too, but head slightly is turned away and most of the bird is in shadow.

Axel Hildebrandt
03-11-2010, 07:34 AM
Singing pose and BG look very good. I wish the bird were angled toward you and the sun would have been behind you. Would moving to your right have been an option?

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Killer Bg and I love the singing pose. I too would like to have seen the meadowlark facing a ilttle more towards you with the light in the back but I must say there is something very beautiful about his head being in the spotlight. Almost as if he is on stage. If his head was facing us he would be again in the dark. Many thanks for sharing this with us. It breaks the rules but I love it.

Kurt Bowman
03-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Thanks all for the comments. To answer your question Axel, no I had no way of moving to the right. I also must agree with most that yes, having the bird looking at me and the light directly behind me is usually ideal, but I decided to step outside the box on this one. I am sure some will like and some will not. Thanks for looking and commenting!!! :D

Steve Maxson
03-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Hi Kurt. It looks like the bird is welcoming the sunrise and, in that respect, its orientation and the light direction are perfect. This works for me. (Sometimes I get bored with the "perfect" head angle.) :)