Billy White
03-10-2010, 05:16 PM
another of my "if I were a raindrop" series -

comments

thanks

Bill White

Julie Kenward
03-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Bill, don't forget that we need exif data and any additional information you have on pp whenever you post an image in one of the critique forums.

Another dramatic image you have here, Bill. Two things I think might have made this stronger - more stem in the image to balance out that heavy flower bud and to erase a bit of the negative space at the top and a bit of fill flash so the underside of the flower petals weren't quite so dark. (You may still be able to get a bit back with a shadow/highlight adjustment.) I realize you are probably going for a "dark" feel but it would be nice to see a little more detail down towards the bottom of the flower.

Also, you've got the focal point towards the middle area of the flower - would be nice to see as much clarity on the front part where the water drops and flower get OOF. You could either stop down the aperture and get everything in the focal plane or you could adjust the focal point so the front of the flower had the most DOF and then let the sides fall away.

Nice clarity on the water drops and lovely lighting.

Richard Waas
03-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Bill, Julie is right on on her suggestions. At this point I would crop a bit from the top to create a more balanced comp. Congrats on a beautiful image....