Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
Manual mode
1/1000"
F8
ISO: 200
Canon 430EX: On, Fired
LR & CS3

Another of the tiny wildflowers that has shown up lately. BG is white foam core. I cloned out a few ugly leaves from both sides on the bottom.

Markus Jais
03-11-2010, 01:06 AM
This is a great shot. I like the white BG here. Great exposure of the flower. I only would try to darken the small bright spot close to the bottom and left of the stem.

Markus

Richard Waas
03-11-2010, 06:50 AM
Very nice image. I agree about the small white spot. Love the white BG. IMHO I would add a wee bit more contrast to make the purple flower pop. TFS Congrats!!

Julie Kenward
03-11-2010, 08:17 AM
Lovely little pansy, Ken! You did a really nice job of getting the head of the flower separated from all the foliage. How did you create the white BG? I'm always interested in how people make the decision to go high key.

Ken Childs
03-11-2010, 08:34 AM
How did you create the white BG? I'm always interested in how people make the decision to go high key.
The BG is a small piece of white foam core with a nail taped to the back so I can stick it in the ground. Used curves to get the whites right. I'm really not a fan of high key but I know there is some appeal so I thought I'd give it a try.

Anita Bower
03-18-2010, 04:45 PM
it may be my monitor, but the this little pansy seems out of focus. thanks for sharing you technique for white bg out in the field. :)