PDA

View Full Version : Sweden nature

Ivan Sjögren
03-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Canon 400D with 70-300 1:4 5.6 IS USM (image taken at 70mm)
ISO800
1/100s
f/5.0

Thanks for watching!

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8036/naturl.jpg

Nick Palmieri
03-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Hi Ivan, I like what you were going for here. I don't think the handle bars are helping much and think the image would be stronger if they were removed. First of all they are too bright, secondly they are out of focus. In my opinion if you are going for scene like this all the important elements should be sharp or reasonable sharp. I do like the way the water pulls you through the scene. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Dave Leroy
03-10-2010, 10:15 PM
I also like the idea but am not too keen on handle bars. Perhaps a shot with a complete bike in frame as a much smaller element might work better.

I like the scene and wonder if it needs a contrast boost or curves work.
A very pretty looking spot.
Dave

Ivan Sjögren
03-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Thanks for your critique Dave and Nick.

I kind of like the bike cuse I can picture my self on it and just the moment I took this shoot.
I guess it's more for personal details, but I am happy you like the rest :)

Robert Amoruso
03-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Ivan,

I understand what you are trying to accomplish and as you sit on the bike and look into the distance, the handlebars would be out of focus. However, in 2D images such an optical distortion becomes confusing and distracting.

A better approach IMO would be to set the bike up, place a tripod over/behind it, frame the handlebars as you did, and stop down the lens a lot to get as much depth of field as possible rendering FG to BG sharp.

Also, this image needs to have its dynamic range expanded using a levels correction in Photoshop or what ever program you are using.

Roman Kurywczak
03-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Hi Ivan,
Totally agree with Robert on this one......you didn't mention if you used a tripod..judging by your specs, I'm guessing you didn't have one along......stopping down in this light would require it but also slow down your SS so your FG grasses would probably still be soft. Always a trade off but if the handlebars were sharp, that would help minimize that distraction. I hope you can re-visit this in some better light.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
03-12-2010, 07:47 PM
I also agree with Robert & Roman

Ivan Sjögren
03-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Thank you Robert, Roman and Dennis.
I'm just 14 years old but I love photographing, and I like learning so this is a great help for me :)

I don't think I am going to get to this place again but if I do I let you knew, and I will test your advices.

Ivan