PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Crowned Night Heron with crab

John Hawkins
03-10-2010, 08:04 AM
I created this 3-7-2010 at Ding Darling. Used my Sony A700 with Sigma 50-500 lens. Data-ISO 800, 500mm, 2.7ev, pattern metering, f/11, 1/125, flash with Better Beamer. Things seem to be picking up at Ding. Saw many White Pelicans, Snowy Egrets, Spoonbils,Comorants,Anhingas. Thanks for looking, John

Jackie Schuknecht
03-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Like the action that you have captured here John. A lower angle would have been great but maybe you were on a boardwalk?

Alfred Forns
03-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Hi John

Love the action, settings and sharpening !!! Agree on Jackie for the lower angle and here should have been no problem, just getting a little dirty !! Also if you moved to your left some more the bg would be all smooth light blue color water !!!

Great view of the crab and very fine image !!! Glad things are picking up at Ding, at least you can get in earlier than before !! Always check the first pool for color in the water !!!! ... that a tiny amount of flash makes for some good images !!!

Peter Farrell
03-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Great capture. Really nice detail, sharpness and BG. Maybe a little more room on the right.

Lance Peters
03-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Hi John -agree a lower angle could have transformed this into something special.
Love the action -- not a good day for the crab.
Good show.

Harold Davis
03-10-2010, 05:26 PM
i'll beat the dead horse and say the lower angle would have rocked this out!! all around nice job with everything else. the crab is a nice bonus!!!

WIlliam Maroldo
03-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Agreement with lower angle, what a surprise. The vegetation in front of the bird could easily be cloned out. The detail is quite good, and I'm thinking the lighting was very good as well(overcast or something like it). If this was the case, a bit of added contrast and color saturation is usually in order. The background is a bit noisy, as you would expect in the dark areas-again easily fixed, even with noise reduction software- just not on the bird! Too tight on the right. Overall a good job. regards~Bill

Ray Rozema
03-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Great detail in the eye and the unfortuante crab. Like the drop on water on the one leg.Agree w NR on BG and clone out the vegetation in front on the bird.