PDA

View Full Version : Old Mission Point

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
03-09-2010, 11:26 PM
I went out to Old Mission Point to shoot the lighthouse which the light was wrong as need a few weeks for the sun to move around the point to bath it in sweet light. I saw this out on the ice and gave it a try.

5d MarkII
1/20sec@f/16
iso 200
tripod
canon 16-35mm

Robert Amoruso
03-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Dennis,

I like that you used the bank as a leading line to the sea oats. But IMO they kind of lead into a BG that is not that interesting as is the left side of the image. Perhaps going vertical and going lower to get the oats against the sky and the bank and oats large in the frame may have been the way to go.

I like the light and shadows caused by it.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
03-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks Robert for your help, here is a photo closer I did not have my get low tripod with me as it is in the gitzo repair shop and their customer service leaves something to be desired.

Roman Kurywczak
03-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Hey Curly,
Dave and I am giving you a combined critique from rainy florida.......What Robert said on the OP;) .....and we both feel the 2nd post is stronger.....just a hair more sky. Sweet light and textures on both! If you had the get lower tripod.....sea oats in sky would have been preferable.....nnice to see you thinking about it!