PDA

View Full Version : Cleopatra

Gus Cobos
02-24-2008, 06:10 PM
This little guy was taken at Crandon Gardens with a D70s, 300mm f4D, focal length 420mm with a 1.4 T/C, aperture priority, ISO-250, @ 1/500 sec - f/5.6, exposure comp set to 0EV, and WB on auto.

Comments greatly appreciated,

Gus Cobos...:cool:

Harold Davis
02-24-2008, 06:23 PM
hi, gus. seems like a popular place for the forum!! i like your egyptian goose. i took a stab at this one and added a little light on it did some NR on the BG and a couple of rounds of sharpening to the eye. used capture nx to make the changes. hope you like it:)

George DeCamp
02-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Yep, Harold beat me to it. A little USM did the trick. Colors and BG are nice Gus!

Gus Cobos
02-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi Harold,
I like your touch up very much... Thank you

Gus Cobos...

Gus Cobos
02-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks for you kind words George. I'm getting there; practice makes better...
Nice hearing from you...

Sincerely,

Gus...

George DeCamp
02-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Thanks for you kind words George. I'm getting there; practice makes better...

Gus...

That is really the only way to learn! Just like the old joke...
Question; "How did you get to play in a concert at Lincoln Center?"
Ans: Practice.
:D

Alfred Forns
02-24-2008, 07:47 PM
..... Harold I kidnapped the goose you kidnapped from Gus and did some color correction This is team effort and George trying hard at moral support I love it !!!!!! :D:D:D:)

Harold Davis
02-24-2008, 08:02 PM
i see. i like it!!! did you just add some saturation or did you do a color correction?

Judd Patterson
02-24-2008, 10:08 PM
What a team! The final version here looks much improved. Great composition on this goose, Gus. I do think that you missed the focus on the eye by a little bit in the original. Heavy sharpening has helped this web version, but always better to strive to nail the focus in camera. You are finding lots of nice subjects at Crandon! Any crocodiles there recently?

Alfred Forns
02-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Just color correction Harold No saturation at all For images like this you need to find a neutral color light gray would be preferable Did not find one so went to black There you check for color casts When you use the eyedropper tool the numbers should come out even If they are not make the correction with the color sliders