PDA

View Full Version : Snowy reflection

Clemens Vanderwerf
03-09-2010, 05:30 PM
The reflection was taken at 9.11 am in February at Estero Lagoon in Ft. Myers, Florida. Camera 5DMkII with 800m/f5.6, 1/1000, f7.1, ISO 400

I like to peaceful appearance of the scene and the slowly diffusing reflection in the water. Looks like he is in some kind of trance.

Love to hear your comments.

Fabs Forns
03-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Beautiful painterly compo and soft light. Perfect whites. Something you will hear a lot here, a small head turn towards you would have taken this over the top.
Great spending time with you again, will give you a buzz when we go up your neck of the woods :)

Doug Brown
03-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I like the image, and agree that it has a peaceful feeling to it. I wish the bird was looking slightly towards you and might bring the whites down a little.

Kaustubh Deshpande
03-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Beautiful indeed. He seems to be disconnected from this world of ours. Hence, I dont mind the head angle that much. You captured the softness of the feathers beautifully here. Loved the reflection. Well done and thx. for sharing.

Alfred Forns
03-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Hi Clemens

Great pose and mood !! Just the mentioned little head turn Big Congrats on this one !!!
...btw post some of your boat images in Friends and Family, would be a treat !!!

might bring the whites down a little.

... Doug the whites look 100% perfect on my calibrated monitor, not sure what are you seeing?

Here is a good link for the whites http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8197

Clemens Vanderwerf
03-09-2010, 07:17 PM
I agree with the head angle. He did not want to move, I probably should have with the risk of disturbing the water.

Fabs Forns
03-09-2010, 07:41 PM
I agree with the head angle.

He must be looking elsewhere...remember we talked about it :p

Doug Brown
03-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Purely a matter of taste Al. I wasn't trying to say that the whites were blown, just that I would prefer the image with the brightest whites toned down a little. To me the bird looks a little flashed, even though it wasn't. The change I'm suggesting is quite subtle.

Alfred Forns
03-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Doug you do like to spit hairs Side by side is difficult to tell the difference standing on their own they would go totally unnoticed.

Alfred Forns
03-10-2010, 07:06 PM
One is the your re post the other is the original

..................WHICH IS WHICH Doug !!! Can't see making a re post that is so close to the original to make a point.