PDA

View Full Version : Blue Tit

Jonathan Ashton
03-09-2010, 11:39 AM
This was taken from my hide, seed used as bait.

Camera Model Canon EOS 50D
Firmware Firmware Version 1.0.7
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/500
Av( Aperture Value ) 7.1
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation -1/3
ISO Speed 250
Lens EF500mm f/4L IS USM
Flash Off
FE lock OFF
White Balance Mode Auto
AF Mode AI Focus AF

All comments welcome.

Dave Hassell
03-09-2010, 12:22 PM
I like the background as it concentrates my attention on to the bird. The bird has an interesting posture and is well focussed and exposed. I think the image would be better if there was less perch although it is very attractive.

Dave Hassell.

Jean Chang
03-09-2010, 03:07 PM
I like this shot. He's so cute scratching his chin. The colors are beautiful, and I like how the colors in the perch are similar to those in the bird. On my monitor, the eye could use a bit of sharpening.

Kaustubh Deshpande
03-09-2010, 03:17 PM
I liked the DOF and the sharpness. Nice colors too. Different and nice pose. feet clearly visible a big plus IMO. Although I like the perch a lot, for this pose, it will be more balanced if you crop some of it from the right. A round of noise reduction on BG will make it better.

Fabs Forns
03-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Very nice frame provided by the perch. I wouldn't crop from the right at all because of the direction the bird is facing. Since the perch is so pretty on the left, the negative space there is IMO acceptable. TFS.

Kaustubh Deshpande
03-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Oops. I meant to say crop from left( I was thinking right of the bird)...but only a little as the perch is too beautiful.

Danny Laredo
03-09-2010, 06:29 PM
I really like the perch and sweet pose you captured here.

Phil Ertel
03-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Hi Jonathan, I like this image very much. I find the pose of the bird to be quite pleasing. In my opinion the perch adds a lot of interest to the image and therefore I would leave it as is. I did play with a few other crops but did not like any of them as much as the original. Your exposure, colors and sharpness also all look good. Thanks for sharing.