PDA

View Full Version : Emerging dragonfly

D. Robert Franz
03-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Captured this image during the 08 ICF contest. Not sure the species.

Camera Model: Canon EOS 40D
Shutter speed: 1/250 sec
Aperture: 16
Exposure mode: Manual
Flash: On
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 400
Focal length: 180mm

Julie Kenward
03-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Really sharp details and nice overall focus on this one! I'm wondering if the contrast is a little "flat" because he's newly emerged? If not, I think a bit of a boost might be nice.

Wonderful angle on this. I'm undecided about that one little arm up around his eye, though. It kind of ads a bit of personality to the image but also blocks the eye to eye contact. Overall, I think it's a very nice image and well composed.

Allen Sparks
03-09-2010, 02:08 PM
I think this is one awesome image! I'd love to capture one newly emerged but so far no luck for me. Teneral dragonflies are not very colorful but I think this is really fine against the green background. This image gives me the feeling that this guy is just getting oriented in his new body. Nice angle, focus, details, and DOF.

Markus Jais
03-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Wonderful shot. Great sharpness and detail. Very interesting behavior. Wonderful BG.

Markus

Ken Childs
03-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Very nice! The angle and colors look great. The leg in front of the eye doesn't bother me but the shadow it's casting does slightly. I might have had a go at partially cloning away the highlights on the body but overall, the shot is great as it is.

Mike Moats
03-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Great details and BG. Cute little guy.

Vida van der Walt
03-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Excellent shot. It is always so special to see a shot that tells a story or shows behaviour. Great detail, lovely bg, well composed and the leg in front of the eye does not bother me at all.:)

Richard Waas
03-10-2010, 06:25 PM
What more can I say that hasn't already been said. Very nice image... Great detail and quite the story. Congrats!