PDA

View Full Version : Mating Dragons #2

Roman Kurywczak
02-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Taken in a local NJ park with the Canon digital Rebel and the Sigma 180mm macro and the MT24 twin lights set at minus1. F22 for 1/60 sec. handheld. Much more natural light in this one so flash was mostly fill. I like the shadowplay of the wings.
Roman

Small Group Photo Tours
www.roaminwithroman.com (http://www.roaminwithroman.com)

Robert O'Toole
02-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Hi Roman,

You nailed the action, shooting angle, the comp is good and BG/DOF looks good. The only problem I see is that the image looks a little blurred, not really soft as there is detail but maybe a little movement, ghosting or motion blur. What do you think? I doesnt look razor like some of your other images.

Maybe a higher SS would have helped I like to use 1/200 or more with flash in the field to avoid all ghosting.

Robert

Jeroen Stel
02-25-2008, 05:53 AM
Great pose and composition in this shot but i agree with Robert it does ook soft due to motion blur.
Using a tripod or monopod could really improve the sharpness of shots like these.

Greetings,

Jeroen Stel

John Cooper
02-25-2008, 07:59 PM
A nice composition Roman with lots of potential - the predominant ambient light in this case, however, has captured some camera movement - I assume no tripod used here!

Mike Moats
02-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Hey Roman, nice find and agree with the former posts