PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly and Salmon (warning blood)

Jaime Johnson
03-08-2010, 11:18 PM
http://jaimejohnson.zenfolio.com/

Canon 1D Mark III / Canon 500mm f4 L

http://jaimejohnson.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p839990971-4.jpg

Ken Watkins
03-09-2010, 01:03 AM
I like the colours in this although I think they may be a little oversaturated. Just a slight head turn away from a blinder!

Sabyasachi Patra
03-09-2010, 01:17 AM
Welcome to BPN!

Nice image. The blood oozing out is quiet graphic. Some more space at the bottom would have further strengthened the image. Reducing the saturation a bit will be good. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Morkel Erasmus
03-09-2010, 01:57 AM
welcome here!! stunning behaviour and the blood makes it all the more dramatic. Agree with Ken - on peep in your direction would have turned it into the money shot...

Amit Kalele
03-09-2010, 03:39 AM
stunning behavior shot. Those blood streams adds to the drama. i like the crop too. Lack of head turn doesn't bother me as it shows the engrossment of the bear in catching the fish.

Regards
Amit

Robert Amoruso
03-09-2010, 07:48 AM
After photographing bears for a number of years, I don't fret over the eye contact so much if you have good action like that here. What I would have liked to seen was a looser crop. Missing the feet I feel hurts the image. I would suggest cropping tighter on the salmon and bear's head. Perhaps a vertical.

Haim Ziv
03-09-2010, 03:42 PM
I like the picture as it is even if there is not enough room at the top.

Alfred Forns
03-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Crop works fine for me, maybe take away the slight blue line at the top !! Might also tone down the white spots running form the head across !!

Agree on the reds, digital seems to overcook them every time !!! Mighty fine image Like it a lot !!!
.......and Big Warm Welcome !!!!! looking forward to more images !!!!

Callie de Wet
03-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Welcome and also a nice shot that I will most probably never see or take in my lifetime. Love the action, but the crop could maybe be slightly improved with a tighter, rotated crop with the snout lining up 100% with the corner of the frame.

Paul Taylor
03-10-2010, 09:04 AM
I can't add anything, but to say I really do like it.

Grace Scalzo
03-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Welcome, Jamie. What an exciting image. I feel as if cropping a bit from the right and lightening the fish's head would work just a little better for me. I'm not at all bothered by lack of eye contact with the bear as I feel this one is more about the fish and his last moments of life. I'm looking forward to more of your posts.