PDA

View Full Version : Bison

Steve Canuel
02-24-2008, 05:19 PM
20D, 1-400L @ 135mm, f5.6, 1/100s, ISO 1600, -2/3 EC .

Robert Amoruso
02-25-2008, 07:10 AM
Steve,

Noise looks good for the 20D at this ISO. I like the bright stalks as they contrast well with the dark bison though I am not too crazy about the red streak in the BG that merges with his fur - almost the same color. But how hard is it to get perfect BGs in such situations? Pretty hard so consider that a wish list kind of thing.

Sabyasachi Patra
02-25-2008, 10:55 AM
I wish the bright stalks would have been all around to give a much more uniform view. The red line (was it a road) and the green patch behind is slightly distracting. I guess a lower angle might have removed it. Having said that, in field at times these things are not visible due to a combination of low light and less reaction time.

Steve Canuel
02-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Steve,

Noise looks good for the 20D at this ISO. I like the bright stalks as they contrast well with the dark bison though I am not too crazy about the red streak in the BG that merges with his fur - almost the same color. But how hard is it to get perfect BGs in such situations? Pretty hard so consider that a wish list kind of thing.

The matching reddish grass stripe and fur is nature's way of helping him melt away unseen into his environment:)

D. Robert Franz
02-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Well composed image in less than ideal lighting conditions that you handled well. A few minor problems as mentioned above..