PDA

View Full Version : Bosque snow-geese blast-off

David Kennedy
01-02-2008, 10:35 PM
This is an image that I go back and forth about, so I thought I'd put it up and see how others react to it. Really, the question is, does it even matter that they don't look like birds--or anything, for that matter? Sometimes I think it's cool and abstract, other times, not so much!

Canon 1D2n, 400mm DO + 2x TC, 1/13th sec., f/22 @ ISO 50

Fabs Forns
01-02-2008, 11:10 PM
David, I think they look like beautiful brush strokes. I like blurred blast offs much better than the sharp version. And all of them are unique.
The only thing that could be improved here is a clean lower edge, easy to forget in the excitement, and if part of the birds are still grounded, then include a little more of them as anchor.

Over all, it would be a keeper for me :)

Mike Milicia
01-03-2008, 01:35 AM
I love it ! Definitely works for me.
Looks like an abstract oil painting and has kind of a 3-D feel to it
like the paint has been laid on thick.

Arthur Morris
01-03-2008, 06:30 AM
They do look like birds to me, and, I love it. A bit wider, as Fabs mentioned, would have given you a clean lower edge and would likely have made the image a bit stronger. But it is lovely and effective as is.

lal, artie

David Kennedy
01-03-2008, 01:25 PM
The tightness must be the reason I've been hesitant with this image. Had I been using the 1.4x instead of the 2x at the time, I likely would have been able to frame this with more of an anchor at the bottom edge. As it is, this is full frame (no cropping at all). Thanks!

Terry Eddington
01-05-2008, 11:43 PM
There may be room for improvement but I like it just like it is. I'm another resident of the blurred look for blastoff shots.