PDA

View Full Version : Epson 2880 and 3880

Jay Gould
03-08-2010, 11:17 AM
I live in a caravan so space is a premium issue.

The vast majority of my printing will be A3 (these images will be displayed on the doors of the overhead cabinets), and some A2 for our one empty wall and for friends.

The 3880 is bigger and heavier (not that much bigger but certainly a lot heavier!).

The 3880 has much larger cartridges which could be an issue because I will not be printing on a regular basis. Storage life of the ink in the cartridges in the printer and printer head cleaning are serious considerations.

Some of the reviews I have looked at indicate that the 3880 is actually less expensive because the initial purchase of the 3880 with the ink included is less than the 2880 + buying the ink. I haven't been able to find what is actually in the box for each of the units.

All thoughts are greatly appreciated!!

allanrube
03-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Here (http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/701675/0) is a thread on another board to look at, especially the post by Wayne Fox.

Roger Clark
03-10-2010, 01:01 AM
Hi Jay,
With your travel schedule, being away months at a time, the heads in the printer may clog up. If so, is getting a printer worth it? Do you have a local place where you can get prints made? or do it by mail
-- Just some thoughts.

Roger

Jackie Schuknecht
03-14-2010, 10:55 PM
If I had to chose I would pick the 3880. Doesn't do roll printing, but has much bigger carttidges thus cheaper. Think both printers have vivid magenta, but overall I think the quality of the 3880 is better. You can print on metal which is pretty cool.