PDA

View Full Version : Barking Deer (Munt Jac)

Amit Kalele
03-08-2010, 12:31 AM
HI All

My first post here. This barking deer female taken at Tadoba Andhari NP (India). Pic taken with 7D + 300/f4 IS + 1.4x TC iso 400, f5.6 in Av mode. Used NI on BG. All C&C are most welcome.

Regards
Amit

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1779/barkingdeer21filtered.jpg

Steve Maxson
03-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Welcome Amit! You have captured a nice pose and the raised foot is a plus. The light is very soft so the mix of sunlight and shadows is not a problem here, IMO. What catches my eye are the little black specks on the deer's body - are they flies? (They remind me of scans of some of my old slides that have lots of dirt specks on them.) You might consider removing them. :) Keep them coming!

Alfred Forns
03-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Hi Amit Big Warm Welcome to Wildlife !!!!

Good points by Steve and agree !! Can also suggest to have more room around the animal since it feels a bit tight in frame !! In PS would lighten the face slightly Not sure if you have other poses but with the head more to the front would be more in light angle?

.. Steve it would be tough removing all those flies .. would leave as ambiance :D:)

Excellent and looking forward to the next one !!!

Sabyasachi Patra
03-09-2010, 02:32 AM
Amit,
Welcome to BPN.

Muntjac or barking deer as it is know is a shy species. Lowering the colour temperature a bit during post processing and a round of sharpening would be good. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Amit Kalele
03-09-2010, 03:35 AM
HI all,

Thanks for suggesting the improvements.

Steve, those are flies as alfred suggested. Not sure about cloning them out as they are part of life in jungle.

Alfred thanks, yes I do have some space (not much really) around the deer in original frame.

Sabyasachi thanks for comments, i will surely do that.

Looking forward to learn.

Regards
Amit